Is your food making you sick?
If you suffer from IBS, migraines, fibromyalgia, or other inflammatory conditions, food sensitivities might be the cause! I am a Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT), and I use an accurate blood test (MRT) to determine your food/chemical sensitivities and then a customized, systematic elimination diet to calm your immune system.
What is the Mediated Release Test and LEAP Food Sensitivity Treatment?
Oxford Biomedical Technologies uses a Mediator Release Test to accurately identify sensitivities to foods and food chemicals. The results are very comprehensive, and you need guidance on the best way to use them to see the most change. Working with a LEAP dietitian is essential to improve your health through a personalized anti-inflammatory diet.
Consider these facts:
- Medical research has shown that sensitivities to food and food-chemicals can be involved in a wide array of painful symptoms and chronic health problems
- Sensitivities are a type of inflammatory reaction that is entirely different than food allergy and most doctors are unaware they are different
- If foods and additives in your diet are contributing to your illness, whatever medications you take will ultimately fail because they only mask the symptoms. They don’t treat the underlying cause of the symptoms – hidden inflammation caused by sensitivity reactions to foods and food-chemicals
- And as is too often the case, many medications have side effects that can lead to other health problems
If food sensitivities are causing your illness and you don’t properly address them, you could easily end up suffering for many years, spending thousands of dollars for treatments that will never work the way you want. This is the experience of millions of Americans who have misdiagnosed or neglected food sensitivities.
Here are three videos, made by my colleague and MRT expert, Susan Linke:
How foods cause symptoms
Why MRT is the best test and protocol for food sensitivities
How MRT works compared to IgG
- Review of medical condition(s) and nutrition history
- Explanation of MRT/LEAP Program
- Individualized dietary treatment plan
- Referral for appropriate food allergy, sensitivity and or intolerance testing
Follow Up Consultations
- MRT results identifying non-reactive and reactive foods and chemicals
- Results Guide & Food Sensitivity Reference Card (wallet size “avoidance” list)
- LEAP ImmunoCalm Diet
- 6 phase diet providing guidance for adequate remission
- Medication review for reactive foods and chemicals
- Review of hidden sources of allergens, intolerances, and reactive foods and or chemical
- Assistance with shopping and menu planning to make it practical
- Easy cooking recipes and restaurant instructions
- Careful reintroduction of foods into diet
- Thorough monitoring of symptoms & problem solving
- Nutrition supplementation recommendations
- Support and encouragement
- Coordination of care between health professionals
The Mediator Release Test is not billed to insurance at this time. It is a private pay service separate from the LEAP treatment I provide.
For questions and more information about MRT/LEAP please contact Susannah
Susannah is amazing! She helped me navigate my LEAP results and combined them with other dietary restrictions, including FODMAPs, to come up with a plan that I could live with. It was wonderful to have her support and guidance. Her creative solutions helped me to fit this new eating plan into my busy life including travel, and a family with young children. I am finally feeling better and I couldn’t have done it without Susannah! ~K.C.